In a departure from previous judging practice, this year’s WARC Awards for Effectiveness sees Special Awards Convenors appointed to lead jury discussions for the Special Awards which honour particular areas of expertise in each of the six categories the program covers.
Paul Coxhill, Managing Director, WARC, explains the rationale: “We have appointed Special Awards Convenors to not only guide these particular jury discussions, but to also help us uncover trends and themes that these specific awards may indicate.
“We will also be working closely with the juries and the jury chairs, in particular, to bring to light insights and lessons from these new awards that we can share with the industry to ensure that effective marketing prevails,” he adds.
The Special Awards and the Special Awards Convenors are:
- Customer Experience category: led by Bessie Lee, Founder, Withinlink, China
- Collaboration & Culture category: led by Meghan Wolf, Manager, Global Social Business & Transformation, IBM
- Sustained Growth category: led by Andrew Geoghegan, Global Customer Planning Director, Diageo
- Instant Impact category: led by Nicole Kane, Head of Precision & Digital Marketing, North America, MolsonCoors
- Brand Purpose category: led by Harjot Singh, Global Chief Strategy Officer, McCann
- Business-to-Business category: led by Antonia Wade, CMO, Capita
Taking on the role of Judging Consultant is James Hurman, Founding Partner of Previously Unavailable, who co-developed the WARC/LIONS Creative Effectiveness Ladder and who will be on hand to help with the use of the Ladder as a guiding framework during the judging process to provide a global standard.
Further information on the Special Awards Convenors and details on how to enter the Awards are available on the WARC Awards for Effectiveness site. Entries can be submitted until Thursday 1 April; winners will be announced on Monday 21 June at the Cannes Lions festival.
Sourced from WARC