Need to know
- Cinema media continues to thrive, especially in the form of blockbuster releases. Disney’s latest Marvel movie, Avengers: Endgame, opened to record-breaking takings in the UK and around the world.
- Avengers: Endgame performed especially well against younger demographics, delivering nearly the equivalent 16-34 TVRs as ITV’s flagship reality show, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
- This offers an opportunity for brands launching campaigns, with key upcoming opportunities including Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker and Toy Story 4.
- While most AV channels can deliver against reach, cinema offers brands moments of impact and quality engagement, especially at the weekend, which are key consumer shopping days.
- In DCM’s latest study, ‘Mission 16-34: Launch, Land, Impact’, two-thirds of respondents agreed they “pay more attention to ads in cinema than elsewhere”.
- When launching its Xbox One X console, Microsoft purchased opening weekend inventory packs for key blockbusters in the pre-Christmas period to reach young males.
- Brands should understand the upcoming film schedule and look beyond superhero/fantasy epics, and explore how contextualised ads may boost viewer engagement