Trend Snapshot: Ad blocking
This Trend Snapshot includes:
- Trend overview: what it is and why it's important
- Publishers ahead of the curve: examples from Yahoo, Gawker and EE
- What it means for brands: expert insight from Jon Davie of Zone, Ilya Vedrashko of Hill Holliday, and Hannes Ben of Forward3D
- What we can expect: where this trend might lead
- Next steps: how to respond
- Further reading: where to find more on this subject
Ad blocking has arguably been the greatest driver of marketing conversation - and anxiety - in 2015.
This technology, which lets consumers stop marketing messages from being served on connected devices, is clearly not new: Adblock Plus, for instance, launched in 2006, and has since generated over 400 million downloads.