- Kenya Airways launched the first non-stop flight from Nairobi to New York after 8 years of planning
- In 2017 Kenya received Category 1 Status from the US Federal Aviation Authority. After more than 400 items to tick off, New York was not just a dream but a reality.
- The U.S Market was the essential piece of the puzzle since KQ already flies to Africa, Middle East, Europe, Indian Sub-continent and Asia. The U.S Market also fits into their core segments, i.e. Corporate and Premium Leisure.
- According to the Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), The U.S.A. is among Kenya's top tourist source market. 95,771 tourists visited Kenya between Jan - Oct 2017, a 20% increase in traffic every year for the past 2 years.
- Develop a detailed PR Strategy that for the launch and sustenance of the campaign.
- Awareness of the launch of the event in January and all the activities leading up to the first flight in October 2018
- Emphasised on the messaging,- KQ is the first airline to launch a direct flight from East Africa to U.S.A.
- Positive coverage on KQ direct flight in both local and international Media platforms.
- Engage key media who will follow the journey to New York and back to Kenya, and get positive stories/ coverage around the flight and what New York has to offer.
- Managing media on-ground during all events throughout the campaign.