How "experience" aligns (or doesn't) with media spend
Although there are any number of ways to interpret brand success, MESH, a London-based agency, and Fiona Blades, the nine-year-old organization's founder/president, have carved out what they believe is a special niche: determining performance based on the ways in which consumers experience products.
Photo credit: Doug Goodman/dgphotography.com
According to Blades, the most important questions that you can ask a marketing director are:
- "How do people experience your brand?"
- "Are they experiencing it with other people?"
- "Are they experiencing it with family?"
- "Are they experiencing it at home?"
- "Are they experiencing it while they're doing other things?"
- "How are each of these kinds of experience having an impact on their brand perception?"