When Marc Speichert joined GSK Consumer Healthcare as chief digital officer early last year, he was tasked with giving the pharmaceutical company a much-needed injection of digital savvy.
Having previously fulfilled a set of client-focused, marketing, and innovation roles at blue-chip enterprises such as tech giant Google, beauty specialist L'Oréal, and consumer-packaged goods manufacturer Colgate-Palmolive, Speichert is familiar with a diverse range of business models.
One characteristic shared by many big firms, he argued, is the existence of silos. And, upon his arrival at GSK, he found the company was no exception. “We had lots of different point people within GSK that were managing the relationships,” Speichert explained at the 2018 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
What else does this article talk about?
- Managing the marketing function
- DTC, prescription products
- Brand partnerships
- Digital transformation
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.