With a base of film industry clients, it was important for ESP Properties to have a comprehensive model to understand the efficacy of Television Promotion for Movie Promotions.
Hit Franchise Hollywood movies were releasing in 4 languages (English, Hindi, Tamil, & Telugu)
Blockbuster Hindi movies were using TV in a big way.
Our objective was, therefore, two-pronged
- To Convert Business Ambition (Box Office Collections) into an achievable media ambition
- To build different media levels for the different markets accounting for the various language versions of the release.
- To draw an extreme parallel, industries like FMCG or E-Commerce are drowning in data - reliable, fast-moving, and comprehensive - from pin- code level sales and distribution to conversion rates of internet shoppers.
- The film industry lacks in data and has an abundance of variability.
- It is challenging to give scientific predictions to the outcome of movies and therefore, even more difficult to plan for its inputs, especially in media.
- In India, Television is the medium with the widest reach & it cuts across all demographics, old & young, rich or poor, modern or traditional. Historically, it has been a key medium for both, watching & advertising movies.