The world is awash with data and that data has great value. Everyone who uses digital technology leaves a digital trail which marketers collect, store, track, and glean insight from so they can better target customers and prospects. But the increase in data breaches, covert tracking practices and privacy concerns has put the spotlight on how companies manage their customer data. Today, the responsible management of customer data is seen by many as the next competitive battleground. Brands will find their approach to data management increasingly under scrutiny. Rather than see this as a challenge, brands should see the responsible approach to data management as an opportunity to build trust with their customers.
What else does this article talk about?
- Data protection & privacy
- Using customer data
- Data management
- GDPR & privacy law
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.