The story behind the campaign
PEDIGREE’s brand purpose is a simple one; to make the world a better place for dogs. They believe that dogs, in their joyful innocence, provide happiness and bring out the best in people. This core belief guides everything PEDIGREE does; from making dog nutrition products that ‘Feed the Good’ in happy and healthy dogs to all brand partnerships and initiatives.
To action this belief, PEDIGREE has three areas of focus:
- Produce high-quality, leading nutrition that brings out the best in dogs.
- Drive relevant initiatives that make the world a better place for dogs.
- Find ways to bring people and dogs together to bring happiness into as many lives as possible.
The third of these endeavours helps grow the category, but it’s rare that we see truly tangible results in the short term and our hypothesis was that this was due to the generally earnest nature of adoption campaigns. So, we had the insight around empty nesters, but we wanted to find a way to execute that would genuinely endear people to the brand and grow sales.
What else does this article talk about?
- New Zealand
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.