Brand: Microsoft Asia
- The digital world is changing how brands interact with their stakeholders, internally and externally.
- A 2017 study by the Reuters Institute shows that online platforms, including social media, have replaced traditional media channels, such as TV and print, as the most widely used sources of news and information in Asia Pacific.
- The shift in content consumption habits in our digital world has shattered traditional media models. And, in many economies, newspapers and other news institutions are losing readership, circulation and, worse still, trust.
- Recognizing these trends, the Microsoft Asia Communications team has moved from a predominantly traditional PR approach to a newsroom model that integrates owned, earned and paid media. We can now reach and engage audiences at scale with both agility and greater editorial control.
- At the heart of this modern newsroom strategy is the Microsoft Asia News Center - a digital news platform that we have continuously invested in since 2014.
- Importantly, the Microsoft Asia News Center sets a high regional editorial benchmark for 14 country-level news centers across the region.
- In 2017, we achieved more than 580,000 page views, and more than 440,000 unique visitors with the Microsoft Asia News Center: a two-fold increase from 2016. Visitors also spent an average of 4 mins on the site.
- Collectively, all 15 Microsoft news centers in Asia Pacific achieved more than 2 million page views, and more than 1.5 million unique visitors in 2017.