Want to reach a millennial? Use a rewarded ad | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Want to reach a millennial? Use a rewarded ad
Marketing to youth Youth media use Mobile audiences
US millennials are using their mobile phones more than ever and rewarded ads are overwhelmingly their favorite type of mobile ad, according to a new study.
Two thirds (64%) of US millennials report spending more time on mobile over the past year, as the pandemic drove them to use their devices for everything from gaming to shopping and entertainment, says a report from mobile advertising and app monetization business Tapjoy (based on a survey of 5,026 millennial consumers).
- 86% use their smartphones for gaming, far more than those who play games on consoles/handhelds (37%) and PC (27%) — but the ongoing pandemic intensified these habits.
- Nearly three quarters played more mobile games as a result of the pandemic, and 59% downloaded new gaming apps; 60% said they plan to continue playing more mobile games.
- More than half shopped more on mobile over the last year and plan to continue, with entertainment, to-go food, apparel, and beauty/hygiene among their top shopping categories.
- They overwhelmingly prefer shopping on mobile to desktop and brick-and-mortar shops; 80% say they make mobile purchases often, and 73% shop on mobile one to four times a week.
- 58% said they prefer rewarded ads over other types, compared to banner ads (12%) and social media ads (10%).
- 63% say they enjoy using offerwalls, and their number one reason for making purchases through mobile ads is to receive in-game rewards. They’re most likely to engage with surveys, though they also like videos and free trials.
Sourced from Tapjoy
Email this content