Koreans phone in their food order | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Koreans phone in their food order
E-commerce & mobile retail Supermarkets & grocery stores Restaurants & takeaways
Online food shopping surged in South Korea in 2021, with mobile transactions growing three times faster than internet shopping.
The country’s online food market (which includes food delivery services) leapt 35.3%, according to data from Statistics Korea and industry sources, reported by Yonhap.
- Mobile shopping accounted for 84.3% of the total.
- Mobile shopping grew at 40.3% (internet shopping increased more slowly at 13.7%).
- Food delivery services were the fastest-growing of any sector, up 48.2%, ahead of grocery at 26.7%; they now account for 13.3%.
The data highlight how this particular market is growing faster than online shopping generally.
- Latest figures show overall online shopping transaction value grew 21% last year (with mobile purchases up 27.6%).
- Cosmetics was one of the few sectors to show a decrease in online shopping.
Sourced from Yonhap, Korea JoongAng Daily [Image: Pexels]
Email this content