2022 APAC ad spend seen higher than pre-pandemic: Report | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
2022 APAC ad spend seen higher than pre-pandemic: Report
The Asia Pacific region’s ad spend in 2022 is predicted to grow by 5.9% – US$33 billion higher than the 2019 pre-pandemic level – with digital forecast to rise 9.6% to a share of 61.1% of total APAC advertising spend, according to dentsu’s Global Ad Spend Forecast report.
Why it matters
APAC’s 2022 ad spend – fuelled by digital – is projected to build on a stronger than expected recovery in 2021, which saw record growth of 14.4% to US$241 billion, in a rebound that is almost three times greater than previous global financial and advertising crises.
- APAC ad spend is expected to grow by 5.9% (vs global 9.2%) to reach US$255 billion (vs US$745 billion globally) in 2022.
- APAC growth will be fuelled by the rise of digital, now 61.1%, outpacing global growth at 55.5% of overall ad spend.
- The recovery will be almost three times faster than the previous global advertising decline following the 2008 financial crisis.
- Top five markets in 2022 continue to be the USA, China, Japan, the UK, Germany; the fastest growing will be India, the USA, Russia and Canada.
- China (17.5%) and Japan (8.2%) are two of the top three contributors globally, with India the fastest growing market globally (14.6%).
“Marketers will need to be nimble, leaning on technology and maximising opportunities in video, social, connected TV and e-commerce. Use of data to drive business outcomes without compromising privacy or security will continue. We expect data collaboration to be a big focus in 2022.” – Prerna Mehrotra, CEO media APAC, Dentsu International.
Email this content