Country: United Kingdom
- Meat snacking category in the UK worth approx £120m.
- Peperami has long been the market leader but still massive potential to grow as it had only 12.7% household penetration in a category that had 96%.
- Large number of consumers are open to meat snacking but don't buy Peperami yet. Lots of new market entrants, particularly in beef jerky and biltong.
Mattessons Fridge Raiders were increasing in value in the category faster than Peperami. Copycat brands entering the market e.g. Snackeroni, which is taking share in Asda, were also contributing to a negative health perception of processed meats.
Even though Peperami is ambient, retailers tend to stock in the chiller where space is at a premium.
The client wanted to...
- Raise awareness of the Peperami brand at fixture.
- Position the Animal as a fun, anarchic but mainstream brand spokesperson.
- Increase sales by 10% across all distribution.
- Increase household penetration to at least 15%.