At a glance
1. Data can fuel better creative output in at least four ways
The emerging partnership of data analysis and creative thinking is taking a number of forms. Smart analysis of data is bringing better insights around which to build creative work, including behaviour-based segmentation. Programmatic buying allows brand-building creative to be tailored to audiences at scale. Campaigns or platforms are being built around real-time data feeds. And campaigns can be tested in real life quickly, allowing optimisation.
Implication: It is important to link data management and data analysis with creative development – for example, by pairing analysts with creative and strategy teams. Regular reviews of award-winning work in this area will help marketers keep up with emerging best practice.
2. Clients are rethinking marketing structures
What else does this article talk about?
- Creativity & research
- Data-driven marketing
- Using customer data
- Programmatic buying
- Creativity & effectiveness
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.