Adstats: Cosmetics and toiletries
Cosmetics and toiletries was the largest segment of FMCG adspend in the first half of 2012, reaching US$23.5 billion, or 35.9% of the FMCG total, over the six-month period. Skincare (26.6% of total adspend for the segment) and hair care (23.5%) were the two largest sub-categories. Over the six months, cosmetics and toiletries' annual adspend growth was slightly lower than the global average: 2.4%, versus 2.7%. But the figures also suggest that the category is realigning towards digital communications at a relatively rapid rate: internet adspend was up by 38.3% year on year in the first half of 2012, while the all-category rise was just 7.2%.
A full PowerPoint presentation of these charts can be downloaded here or click below links for individual slides.
- FMCG adspend by product category
- Growth in adspend by region
- Top ten brands, US adspend in toiletries & cosmetics category
- Growth in adspend in top 10 product categories
- Share of cosmetics & toiletries adspend by medium and market
- Cosmetics & toiletries adspend by category sector
- Growth in cosmetics & toiletries versus global adspend by medium
What else does this article talk about?
- Advertising expenditure & forecasts
- Toiletries & cosmetics (general)
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.