2014's Hottest Trends: Tracking the major stories set to shape the consumer landscape in 2014
The 5 trends you need to know for 2014
- Probability Gets Personal: predicting life events with ever greater accuracy
- Recovery Blues: financial behaviours acquired in the downturn remain highly influential
- Catwalk Computing: wearable tech gets more mainstream
- Once Is Not Enough: evolving life-stages spell the end of age-dependent landmarks
- Narrative Data: big data generates big, meaningful stories for the consumer
Each year, Future Foundation releases a top trends report – highlighting the social, technological and demographic stories we believe will shape the attitudes and behaviours of consumers over the next 12 months. Here we showcase five of our hottest UK trend predictions for 2014.