Knowing The Reader Through The Internet
Project Director, Eduardo D'Alessio/Louis Harris, Argentina.
Nora B.I. de D'Alessio
Head of the Market Research Division, Eduardo D'Alessio/Louis Harris, Argentina.
The main objective of the current investigation was to learn of any changes in the reading of newspapers in light of the development of online newspapers in Argentina.
- Who reads online newspapers?
- Do paper and online newspapers act as complementary products or as competitors?
- What is the information role of each?
This is of vital importance in Argentina at this time due to two factors:
- Argentina historically registers a high level of traditional newspaper reading. The Sunday newspaper circulation is 1,864,000 and Monday to Saturday newspapers from 1,146,000 per day (source INDEC).
- Internet penetration is still low, 6.6% of the population, but its development is in its momentum: monthlygrowth rate 5.5%.