Getting The Most From A DR Advertising Budget
As with all marketing activity, there can be no hard-and-fast rules as to how to run a direct marketing campaign. There are, however, a number of key elements to consider when planning direct response (DR) media activity. Focusing on these will ensure that the more common pitfalls can be avoided, and careful attention to detail will enable accurate and controlled budgeting.
The key issues can be grouped into a number of areas as follows.
- What are the objectives of the activity?
- Who are you targeting?
- What sort of product are you selling?
- How mature is the market?
- How much do you want to sell?
- By when?
- How informed is your buyer?
- Focus on the cost within cost per response.