Generating Scoring Models With Auxiliary Target Variables And Data Bridging
The Status Quo and Problem Description
Over the last few years, the use of direct marketing campaigns to solicit potential customers through individual and personalized communications has soared (DMA, 2002). This is due to rising costs for sales representatives, decreasing efficiency of impersonal mass marketing and the resulting need to establish relationships to (potential) customers (Holland and Heeg, 1998). The efficiency of such campaigns depends chiefly on four factors: message, design, timing of the mailing, and target group selection. Hence, target group selection is judged by several authors as most important of the four (Nash, 1984; Bult and Wansbeek, 1995; Collins, 2001; McAlevey, 2001).
What else does this article talk about?
- Direct mail
- Direct mail
- Customer relationship management
- Data management
- Direct planning & buying
- Automotive industry (general)
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.