P&G: Proud Sponsor of Mom
P&G's aspiration to be the "Proud Sponsor of Mom" through creating a global "Thank You Mom" (TYM) movement required a holistic, business-driving communications plan to tell relevant brand stories that connected with Moms while generating brand linkage and sales across P&G's product portfolio.
The 100-day phased plan launched in social and digital first, rewarding P&G fans with exclusive content. Television spots then debuted on Mother's Day in key programming, followed quickly by the release of documentary-style films highlighting Olympic Moms journeys via Social, Digital and Mobile. Throughout The Games, we closely monitored Olympic telecasts to ensure brand spots aligned with events featuring P&G brand sponsored athletes – all content drove conversation to Twitter via #Thankyoumom.
Top line results:
- Most successful campaign in P&G's 175 year history delivering $200MM+ incremental sales (USA) and record-setting ROI results
- Portfolio linkage increased 11%
- Familiarity, Favorability and Trust swelled by 22%, 13% and 10% respectively
- Advertising recall was +38% higher than other US sponsors
- Post-Olympics Equity was 8% higher than Pre-Olympics
- 33.6 Billion earned media impressions
- 17 Million YouTube views globally
- Social buzz for P&G's 3 largest brands increased on average by +66%