The Future Of Communications Planning
Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG)
An evolution is changing the way clients plan communications for their brands. Some marketers continue to employ the traditional model, while some are embracing a new model for success.
The traditional model assumes that creative is briefed and campaigns developed before the path to reach them is decided. This is how our industry approached all brands when media was a simple choice of four mass options (TV, radio, print and outdoor), and we were comfortable that those avenues would lead us to our targets.
For most target consumer groups now, the traditional model is simply not effective. The explosion of contact choices and the competitive nature of the branding environment demand a more strategic approach to building connections between consumers and brand messages.
What else does this article talk about?
- Native advertising & advertorial
- Integration strategy
- Theories & ideas of media planning
- Cross-media & multimedia effects
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.