What Makes Win, Place, or Show? Judging Creativity in Advertising at Award Shows
King’s College London
University of Malta/University of Bologna
Birkbeck, University of London
- Assessment of advertising creativity is not something that can be precisely scaled.
- The main objectives of advertising-award shows proved to be to establish overall standards and to reward the individuals and agencies involved.
- The definition of advertising creativity employed and the judgment criteria adopted by judges in the majority of award shows consist of creativity, originality, and execution.
- The policies and processes employed at the advertising-award shows examined in this research are predominantly underpinned by heuristic decision making.
- The heuristic decision making process consists of: (1) selection of judges, (2) establishment of judgment criteria, (3) evaluation, and (4) the selection of the creative project to pursue.