WARC has had a facelift.
If you're a regular visitor to the site, you may have already noticed some changes. We've spent the past few months developing a new design for WARC – based on feedback from you, our users. It's the biggest site update we've made in six years, and is built with one goal in mind: to help you get the information you need quickly.
Some things you might notice:
- A new navigation bar at the top, taking you to the best WARC content quickly;
- A better, less cluttered search experience;
- A reworked home page, with signposts to key areas of WARC;
- A fully responsive site, making it easier to use WARC on the go;
- Plus a new colour palette, new branding and a fresh look and feel across the site.
The cosmetic changes are only the beginning – over the coming months we'll be rolling out new features to make the site even more useful. Stay tuned!
Please let us know what you think – send comments or report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So what's new?
Here's some more information on some of the changes you'll notice around the site.
When you're logged in to WARC, you'll see a new navigation bar at the top of your screen.
The buttons help you as follows:
- Tools – displays WARC's collection of site tools, including the Case Finder for searching case studies, the WARC 100 rankings tool, the Strategy Toolkit skills development product, and the WARC Plus research service.
- Topics – links to WARC's 100+ Topic pages, bringing you the latest information on any marketing subject.
- Latest – takes you to the latest information from different content areas, including our webinars, trends content and exclusive reports from events around the world.
- Data – displays WARC's selection of data products, including our adspend forecasts and media consumption data.
- Awards – takes you to the latest information and case studies from WARC's own awards schemes, plus our partner schemes including the IPA Effectiveness Awards, Effie Awards, Cannes Creative Effectiveness Lions and many more.
We know how important search is to you, so we've upgraded the search experience.
The search bar appears prominently at the top of every page, along with the same range of Advanced Search options.
On your search results page, you may notice a few differences. For example, a search on 'millennials' might deliver results like this:
When there's a match with one of our 100+ topics, you'll see shortcut links at the top of your search in blue – these take you to our Topic pages where you can see a more focused range of content on a particular topic.
Your keyword results appear below. You can still view the summaries and save any useful results for later using the Saved Items function. You can also create PDFs of individual pieces straight from the search page.
Search filters all appear on the left-hand-side, allowing you to narrow down your search quickly.
When you're on the home page, you'll see a range of 'quick links' buttons at the top that help you. For example:
These take you to some of our most popular tools and content areas.
Below these, you'll see featured new material on WARC, alongside your own bespoke feed built from the Topics you follow (you can choose which Topics to follow in the My WARC section).
Some other changes you'll find useful:
- More options to play video where it is available.
- A better 'Saved Items' function, allowing you to collate content you want to keep, organise it into folders, print it and create PDFs in batches.
- All your account information, including email preferences and details of your client services manager, in the My WARC section – just click on your name in the top-right corner.
Enjoy the new site, and don't forget to let us know what you think via email@example.com.