In this monthly feature from YouGov, streaming platform Jio Cinemas has emerged as the top brand mover in India for April.
Biggest Brand Movers is YouGov’s monthly feature highlighting the 10 brands that have registered statistically significant growth across most brand metrics amongst consumers in India.
These rankings identify the brands which have logged the greatest number of improvements across 13 metrics each month – ranging from aided brand awareness and corporate reputation to purchase consideration and customer satisfaction.
The data is taken from YouGov BrandIndex, a syndicated brand tracker which continuously collects data on thousands of brands around the globe every day.
Between March and April 2023, we compared the performance of hundreds of brands to investigate which brands have shown improvement across most brand metrics.
Jio Cinemas has claimed the top spot as YouGov’s Biggest Brand Mover in India for April 2023. The streaming platform has claimed the top spot with improvements across all 13 YouGov BrandIndex metrics that are considered.
The Yahoo, Tide Laundry Detergent, Hit Mosquito/Insect Repellent and Tanishq brands are next with positive movement in their consumer perception across most brand metrics.
Top 10 biggest brand movers in India (March vs April 2023)
YouGov India general manager, Deepa Bhatia, said, “India’s Biggest Brand Movers highlights the brands that have registered the most statistically significant month-on-month upticks in consumer perception metrics. These rankings are from YouGov’s BrandIndex, our daily tracking tool that lets marketers evaluate their brand’s perception in real time. The top brand mover, Jio Cinemas, saw improvements in all 13 brand metrics, a positive response to becoming the official streaming partner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 as well as announcing in late April that they would be the new streaming home for HBO, Max Original and Warner Bros content from May 2023 onwards.”
Data for the Biggest Brand Movers compares statistically significant score increases across all BrandIndex metrics between March and April 2023. Brands are ranked based on the number of metrics that saw a statistically significant increase between March and April 2023. The metrics considered are:
Media and communication metrics
- Aided brand awareness – Whether or not a consumer has ever heard of a brand.
- Ad awareness – Whether a consumer has seen or heard an advertisement for a brand in the past two weeks.
- Word of mouth – Whether a consumer has talked about a brand with family or friends in the past two weeks.
- Buzz – Whether a consumer has heard anything positive or negative about a brand in the past two weeks (net score).
Brand health metrics
- Quality – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor quality.
- Value – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor value for money.
- General impression – Whether a consumer has a positive or negative impression of a brand.
- Corporate reputation – Whether a consumer would be proud or embarrassed to work for a particular brand.
- Customer satisfaction – Whether a consumer is currently a satisfied or dissatisfied customer of a particular brand.
- Recommendation – Whether a consumer would recommend a brand to a friend or colleague or not.
Purchase funnel metrics
- Consideration – Whether a consumer would consider a brand or not the next time they are in the market for a particular product.
- Purchase intent – Whether a consumer would be likely or unlikely to purchase a specific product.
- Current customer – Whether a consumer has purchased a given product or not within a specified period of time.