WARC is today launching the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020, chaired by HP’s Siew Ting Foo, and including a new Long-Term Strategy special award.
Since its launch in 2011, the Prize has showcased Asia’s smartest marketing thinking, highlighting breakthrough ideas from across the region. Now in its tenth year, the Prize remains free to enter and is open to clients and agencies in any marketing discipline. (Details are available here.)
This year’s Prize will be chaired by Siew Ting Foo, Vice President and Global Head of Marketing Strategy and Planning, Print Category at HP, where she is focused on driving the tech brand's relevance and purpose by combining data and emotional connection.
“In these challenging times, strategy has never been more important,” she told WARC.
“Having the insight and the ability to simplify the complex is key to marketing effectiveness and the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy showcases this. Asia as a region is an amalgamation of multiple cultures and talent and is a great breeding ground for effective strategies that can inspire others globally.”
A high-calibre panel of strategy experts and senior marketers will join Siew Ting to judge the submissions. They include:
• Divya Anand – General Manager, Marketing, APAC, Tata Communications
• Lauren Cadman – Director, Strategic Planning, Mindshare China
• Remona Duquesne – Managing Partner, Southeast Asia, the brandgym
• Mark Hadfield – Regional Head of Planning, Iris Worldwide Singapore
• Terence Ling – Head of Strategy, TBWA\Hong Kong
• Anil K Nair – Chief Executive Officer, VMLY&R India
• Denise Ng – Director of Partnerships, PHD China
• Christina Peyton – Vice President, Marketing & Growth, APAC, WPP
• Ekta Relan – National Planning Director, Mullen Lintas
• Ruchi Sharma – Creative & Culture Officer, Brands for Humans
• Kaori Yatsu – Head of Planning, BBDO Japan
You can read full biographies of all the judges here. More will be announced in coming weeks.
Alongside the Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades, there is a prize fund of USD $10,000 for the best papers – Grand Prix (USD $5,000) and five special awards (USD $1,000 each) recognising specific areas of excellence, including the new Long-Term Strategy Award:
• The Category Disruptor Award for the best example of a brand that has successfully broken with category convention.
• The Customer Journey Award for the best example of a brand creating a compelling path to purchase.
• The Early Adopter Award for the best example of a brand using a new innovation or emerging tech or platform.
• The Long-Term Strategy Award (new) for the best strategy designed to build a long-term brand platform, executed over a period of three years or more.
• The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
The deadline for entries is 14 July 2020. More information on the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020 can be found here.
Sourced from WARC