Editorial Assistant, warc.com
We are seeking a bright, organised and highly-literate Editorial Assistant with strong IT skills and a real eye for detail to join our busy editorial team.
The role involves working across a range of content generation, preparation and production tasks, to ensure that content is published on schedule to the highest standards.
Work on the prioritisation, preparation and publication of content for warc.com, including:
- Preparing content for the online production process.
- Writing content summaries.
- Proofreading content summaries and full-text articles.
- Sending larger batches of content for conversion to html, liaising with external suppliers.
- Checking accuracy of content, pre-publication.
- Publishing content using a content management system.
- An excellent academic track record with a minimum 2.1 degree.
- Experience of working in a publishing team, either via previous employment, an internship or work experience.
- Good IT skills, including familiarity with basic html, web content management systems and publishing software.
- A strong eye for accuracy, detail and consistency.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- An understanding of advertising, marketing and the creative industries, and a desire to learn more.
22k plus benefits, including annual bonus potential and voluntary contributory pension scheme.
Send your CV accompanied by a single-page covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to Michele Weydert (email@example.com) by Tuesday 12 June 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process, including a test.
WARC is a global business intelligence company that serves the marketing, advertising and branding communities. It is a trusted, unbiased, authoritative and credible source of industry knowledge.
WARC Plus is our insight service, which is used by some of the world’s biggest brands.
The aim of the WARC Plus service is to respond to the research queries and needs of our time-poor but knowledge-hungry clients. They rely on our expertise to help them find answers to their most pressing strategic questions.
We are looking for a full-time Insight Manager to join this busy and growing service. Our insight work involves answering a vast array of challenging questions from brands in diverse sectors such as retail, auto, finance and FMCG. Research briefs vary and range from brand loyalty, attribution modelling, customer experience, voice strategies, Millennials and much, much more.
Working in WARC’s content team, the role would suit an insight or marketing strategy professional looking for managerial opportunity.
Major responsibilities include
- You will be required to manage a team of insight specialists who work across different time zones
- You will be adept at interpreting a brief and finding the most relevant content to answer the brief. Your primary resource is warc.com
- You will be skilled in identifying and surfacing compelling insights and able to identify key implications/recommendations for WARC clients
- You will have excellent writing skills and will be able to expertly curate content and present the research in digestible and useful formats including PPT
- You will ensure all client briefs are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- You will ensure due diligence with regards to client confidentiality
- You will send weekly, monthly and quarterly status updates to the senior management team
- You will be responsible for training new members of the team (both remotely and in-house) and ensuring they deliver to a high standard
- You will have excellent knowledge of the marketing, advertising, media, tech and branding landscape. And you will have a natural interest in current trends in the industry
- Ideally, you will have 5 years’ experience working in an advertising agency, marketing team or research environment
- You will be hard working, confident and someone who enjoys delving into content to surface smart and compelling insights
- You will be a creative, proactive problem solver, who understands the commercial implications of your role
- You will be an excellent communicator and able to collaborate with different departments across the business
- You will have a customer-first approach to your work
- You will be able to keep a calm head under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- You will enjoy juggling several projects at once
- You will have a passion for helping our clients find solutions to their business challenges
- Experience of presenting to clients or other audiences would be beneficial
The salary is dependent on experience, with an excellent benefits package and a central London location.
How to apply
If interested in this exciting role please email your CV to Lena Roland, Commissioning Editor, Best Practice, Lena.Roland@warc.com
Researcher, WARC Plus
We are seeking an intelligent, self-motivated individual with a strong background in the marketing or consumer insights business to work on an ad hoc, freelance basis supporting WARC Plus, a desk research service available to warc.com clients.
The aim of the WARC Plus service is to respond to the research queries and needs of warc.com clients. It's designed to support our time-poor clients who are either too busy to search warc.com for themselves, or who need or want to defer to our experience and expertise in finding the best content on warc.com for them.
As a WARC Plus researcher, you would be responsible for answering clients' enquiries by using warc.com as your primary resource.
- You will be required to interpret a brief and search and identify the most relevant content – any case studies, articles, research papers and data on warc.com – that answer that brief.
- You will be required to highlight and summarise the data/insights that emerge from researching the brief and presenting them in an easy-to-read, concise and punchy written style.
- Excellent knowledge of the advertising and marcomms industry, from a global perspective.
- An ability to work independently from home to produce high-calibre, client-facing materials.
- Must be available to work on an ad-hoc basis and to tight deadlines (we turn around responses within 24 hours).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Sound IT skills, ideally with a knowledge of basic HTML and access to a Windows-based PC or laptop.
- Prior experience of using warc.com would be a distinct advantage, although training and guidance will be provided.
A flat fee per research brief answered (akin to 2-3 hours' work depending on the complexity of the request).
How to apply
Email your CV to Lena Roland, Commissioning Editor, Best Practice (Lena.Roland@warc.com)
Sales Support Associate, WARC Americas
We are looking for a Sales Support Associate who will be responsible for supporting direct sales of the www.warc.com online service to corporations (advertisers and media owners), advertising agencies, media agencies and research firms in the Americas (U.S., Canada, Mexico and South America).
This individual will work closely with the sales managers to sell annual subscriptions to www.warc.com database. The role will involve prospecting, cold calling, proposal development and lead management.
WARC is a privately held, high-growth company headquartered in London, with offices in Singapore and Washington, DC. It is the most comprehensive marketing information service in the world. We are a trusted resource, recognized for the provision of the latest in-depth knowledge, competitive intelligence and the current best practice. Our unique online service is relied upon by over 900 clients in over 100 countries around the world.
The Sales Support Associate is a new role, resulting from the significant growth in business in the U.S. particularly. The manager will work in the Glover Park neighborhood of Washington D.C. at 2233 Wisconsin Ave, N.W.
- Identify new prospects for WARC sales
- Initiating contact with prospects
- Schedule meetings for sales managers
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com with activity
- Write sales proposals
- Establish and conduct industry, institution and client research
- Participate in team meetings and activities for reaching goals and objectives
Key Performance Indicators
- Call activity
- Number of new leads prospected and added to the database
- Number of leads that progress through the sales cycle
- Revenue generated (by the sales managers) from the leads created (by the Sales Support Associate)
- A college degree
- A minimum of one year of experience, preferably in a sales role in the B2B service space
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills
- The ability to work independently; a self-starter
- Solid PC skills and understanding of sales information systems (Salesforce)
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
Secondary Skill Consideration
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for WARC’s content and knowledge of how to search the database
- Knowledge of the marketing and advertising industry and other industry intelligence resources
- Fluency in Spanish &/or Portuguese
- Competitive base + commission on sales revenue generated
- Send resume with a letter of introduction to Americas@warc.com
- Use subject line: “Sales Support Associate”