At a glance
1. Ad tech is driving 'fear and mistrust' among marketers
As digital adspend grows, client-side marketers are becoming increasingly concerned about issues such as viewability and ad fraud. These concerns are being compounded, some argue, by lack of consistency and transparency in the highly competitive ad tech space. One survey found inconsistency between vendors to be the biggest headache for digital marketers.
Implication: The ad tech space will evolve rapidly in 2016. Keeping up with all the different technologies is a challenge, but brands may find it worthwhile monitoring developments in this area and, just as important, monitoring the responses from digital marketing trade bodies. Accreditation schemes for trustworthy publishers, for example, may lead to increased ad costs on accredited sites.
2. Viewability will remain a work in progress
What else does this article talk about?
- Attitudes to advertising
- Data protection & privacy
- Consumer sentiment
- Data-driven targeting
- Online ad fraud
- Ad blocking
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.