Compiled jointly by ITV, System1, the global experts in advertising effectiveness and DECA, diversity media specialists, ‘Feeling Seen’ shows how brands and viewers both win when advertising broadens its scope.
- Advertising is rooted in understanding people, their needs and their lives – if it only cares about understanding some of those people and some of those lives, advertising is letting its audience down.
- The research involved taking 30 celebrated ads from the last few years, each chosen for the prominent role they gave to a marginalised group in society, and showed them to custom research samples drawn specifically from that group.
- The results showed that advertising works when brands create positive associations and strong emotions.
- Advertising that creates sustained emotional response – ads which make people feel good – drives brand growth, and when people feel seen, they feel good.
- Corporate social responsibility
- Environmental & social issues
- Ethnic & minority groups
- Marketing to older adults (55+)
- People with disabilities
- Marketing to women
- Diversity & portrayal in advertising
- Creativity & effectiveness
- United Kingdom
- Qualiquant, mixed mode
- Creativity & research
© Copyright remains with the source 2023
All rights reserved including database rights. This electronic file is for the personal use of authorised users based at the subscribing company's Authorised Office (as defined by the WARC Copyright Policy). It may not be reproduced, posted on intranets, extranets or the internet, e-mailed, archived or shared electronically either within the purchaser's organisation or externally, save as permitted by the WARC Copyright Policy.