In the last two years, the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), the trade body for client-side marketers, has shed light on – and set about solving – numerous issues that are blighting the digital ecosystem.
A selection of the organization's recent activities include:
- commissioning K2 Intelligence, the investigative-services firm, to produce analysis – as released in June 2016 – identifying the problem of non-transparent business practices in the agency space;
- assessing the impact of bot fraud via a project with White Ops, the cybersecurity company;
- working with the Association of Canadian Advertisers (ACA) to quantify the "tech tax" for programmatic advertising;
- addressing the burgeoning talent crisis, with an emphasis on closing the gap between colleges and the corporate world;
- partnering with the 4A's (American Association of Advertising Agencies) and Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) in an effort to "banish" the most egregious advertising formats;
- calling on senior marketing leaders to "step up" and make the difficult choices that will ultimately deliver meaningful growth.