Long term megatrends
There are several interconnected long term trends that have helped to define the media landscape:
- The rise of mobile computing, giving internet access to more people in more places
- The rise of online retail, making it possible to buy anything at any time, from anywhere
- The digitisation of content, making it more easily accessible & transportable
- The rise of subscription over ownership
- The emergence of peer-to-peer commerce and services
What else does this article talk about?
- Devices & apps
- Tech-driven innovation
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.