Alongside deep knowledge of the brand, strategists need to be able to develop understanding of the consumers the brand needs to attract. This section of the Strategy Toolkit provides a grounding in modern ideas of consumer behaviour.
What emerges is a picture of human behaviour as shaped by the modern world and modern communication technologies – but at the same time far more enduring and far more deeply-rooted in our biology and instincts than was once thought possible.
In this section you will learn:
The more we learn about consumers, the more we realise that awareness, interest, attitudes and behaviour are all shaped and 'primed' by a whole range of factors, both internal and external, that go far deeper than rational thought. This selection of papers includes some representative discussions of the most important themes emerging in our growing understanding of consumers' minds.
2. Behavioural economics
What else does this article talk about?
- Account planning, strategic planning
- Consumer decision making
- Brand loyalty
- WOM, Viral campaigns
- Behavioural economics
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.