This section of the Strategy Toolkit is designed to encourage readers to think about the purpose of strategy within marketing development. Given the business role of marketing, as set out in the How Marketing Works section, where does the strategist fit in?
In this section you will learn:
1. Why are strategists needed?
This selection of papers covers the basic principles of 'account planning', the key strategy role within the agency world, and the early – and still valid – definitions of great planning practice. The papers highlight the basic skills that every strategist should have in their toolkit: the understanding of brand strategy; the ability to inspire and nurture creativity; and the ability to use data and research to drive insight.
2. Strategic approaches
What else does this article talk about?
- Account planning, strategic planning
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.