Brief description of the assignment
McDonald's in the Netherlands asked TBWA, Hill+Knowlton Strategies and OMD to create a summer campaign with the following objectives:
- Strong sales of the summer menu featuring premium burgers, side dishes, ice creams and drinks.
- Increase brand closeness and brand preference, keeping the audience talk about the brand for 3 months.
The challenge it presented
- Last year, we built a tropical island (Good Times Island) so all McDonald's guests could really experience "Good Times".
- This year, the agencies needed to come up with a new summer campaign to gain even more traction in paid, owned and earned media for the campaign and the special summer products.
- With this campaign, we incorporated the most important lessons learned from last year:
- Bring the campaign closer to the guests (or make it recognisable for them).
- Create several "moments" with a recognisable story.