Brand: City of Fremont
Agency: The Hoffman Agency
Framing The Assignment
BRING FREMONT POLICE DEPARTMENTS ONLINE RECRUITING EFFORT INTO THE 21st CENTURY
- The PD hasn't been able to fill 19 job openings for officers.
- Online applications declined from 3,000 in 2016 to roughly 1,500 per year in 2017 and 2018.
- The officers hired last year offset by the number of officers who retired last year.
- The Department's online "sell" consisted of a home page which funneled job candidates to a single recruiting page (next slides).
- Not communicating in the "language" of the target audience (22 - 32 years old)
- Poor user experience (UX)
- Lack of storytelling
- Little traffic from organic search
FREMONT POLICE DEPARTMENT HOME PAGE