Careem is a transportation network company based in Dubai, with operations in over 120 cities in 15 countries in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia.
Date: From September to current.
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
- Attack on Careem drivers and customers by taxis
- Careem's customers and drivers are increasingly afraid to use the services of this platform
- Media that deal with Careem topics in a positive way are also criticized and few got attacked
- Careem drivers are suspected of taking taxi work
- Heetch, a main competitor entered the markets with an authorized legal licence and aggressive media engagement plan
- The law authorising VTC has changed in favour of taxis. Only taxis are allowed to transport in some cities
- Lack of media direct engagement due to no press direct engagement nor press events
- Lack of any media spending / media buying therefore Careem needed PR to support in this critical period