The Programmatic Primer: Measurement in the online advertising ecosystem
This article is part of The Programmatic Primer, Warc's essential guide for advertisers to the latest online advertising techniques. The report includes detailed advice on how to work with companies in the online advertising ecosystem, plus use cases of programmatic in action. View a PDF version.
Need to know: Measurement
- The online advertising ecosystem natively produces a huge amount of data that can be used to measure advertising effectiveness.
- Advertisers should pay for their own measurement if they want to get the full story.
- All the data provided, and used, by the ecosystem can be considered observational measurement.
- While ecosystem data is noisy, those who know how to use it have a big advantage. Good optimization starts with good data, and good data starts with good measurement.
- Ecosystem buying requires that a company get involved in accountability measures because of the issues that plague the delivery of advertising.