Procter & Gamble: The playground special Olympics – inclusion can be easy as pie

Disability inclusion initiative Stück zum Glück (SzG) created the Playground Special Olympics to raise awareness and drive relevance for its work in Germany.

Challenge: Include children where they are excluded

Fresh air, exercise, creative play, and social contact: playgrounds make a significant contribution to children's development.

But around 80% of playgrounds in Germany are designed in such a way that children with disabilities cannot use them. The remaining 20% are generally not completely barrier-free, but have some inclusive elements, such as barrier-free play equipment. Only around 4% of playgrounds offer an inclusive play experience for all children.

As meeting places, inclusive playgrounds have an impact far beyond the children themselves - not only do they benefit children and the people accompanying them through...

Not a subscriber?

Schedule your live demo with our team today

WARC helps you to plan, create and deliver more effective marketing

  • Prove your case and back-up your idea

  • Get expert guidance on strategic challenges

  • Tackle current and emerging marketing themes

We’re long-term subscribers to WARC and it’s a tool we use extensively. We use it to source case studies and best practice for the purposes of internal training, as well as for putting persuasive cases to clients. In compiling a recent case for long-term, sustained investment in brand, we were able to support key marketing principles with numerous case studies sourced from WARC. It helped bring what could have been a relatively dry deck to life with recognisable brand successes from across a broad number of categories. It’s incredibly efficient to have such a wealth of insight in one place.

Insights Team
Bray Leino

You’re in good company

We work with 80% of Forbes' most valuable brands* and 80% of the world's top top-of-the-class agencies.

* Top 10 brands