Lately, the trade press of media and advertising has focused on issues such as hypertargeting, sales activation, walled gardens, and direct brands. For traditional television, the topics du jour are cord cutting and declining ratings. It’s hard to argue with statistics: The forecast is for television advertising spending to remain flat to declining through 2022 (eMarketer, 2018). Diminished viewer interest is reinforced by the Pew Research Center, which found that fewer Americans (just 31 percent) are saying television would be “very hard” to give up (Perrin, 2018).
What else does this article talk about?
- Channel planning, media mix selection
- Media research theories & ideas
- TV audiences
- TV planning & buying
- United States
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.