- Short commercials can deliver effectiveness efficiently, because commercial length has diminishing returns.
- Most of the effectiveness of long commercials is delivered in the first five seconds.
- Short commercials can achieve rates of brand recall nearly comparable to those of longer advertisements, but longer commercials allow more time to tell a story and take viewers on an emotional journey, which increases brand recall and advertisement liking.
- Short commercials potentially increase clutter, which reduces recall and advertisement liking.
- Short advertisements seem a sensible tactic to increase continuity of a campaign in conjunction with longer copy, at least for established brands.