- Contrary to enduring beliefs, billboards can be effective across the hierarchy of effects, including customer-retention roles that are missing from traditional advertising typologies.
- Combined with billboards’ resilience against blocking, this effectiveness substantially broadens their potential, increasing utility to executives seeking to influence existing customers.
- A regional billboard campaign provides clear indications of billboard influence both on new and on existing customers.
- A national, expert survey of senior marketing-communications managers and directors provides support for billboards’ potential to achieve customer-retention aims.
- These studies encourage marketing executives to reevaluate expectations and deployment of billboards, offering further strategic-marketing opportunities.