WARC celebrates effective advertising and has thousands of case studies showing how brands have done that over the years. And it’s often said that a similar database of mistakes would be equally useful – educating people in the traps to avoid and understanding why some approaches simply don’t work in certain circumstances. But who wants to be associated with failure? Until there’s an equivalent of the Razzies for advertising, we have to make do with picking over the trade press and the occasional book from a retired practitioner. Or events like that organised by adam&eveDDB as part of IPA Effweek (London, October 2018), where chief strategy officer David Golding and head of effectiveness Les Binet teamed up to highlight a few common mistakes they’ve observed and to confess to some of their own less-than-glorious moments.
What else does this article talk about?
- Long-term vs short-term effectiveness
- United Kingdom
- Creativity & effectiveness
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.