“The Talk” is a 2018 Cannes Lions Film Grand Prix winner produced by Procter & Gamble’s “My Black Is Beautiful” initiative – a 12-year-old program that the world’s largest advertiser describes as “a celebration of the diverse collective beauty of black women.”
But, even as the two-minute spot was the recipient of one of the advertising industry’s highest accolades, its creation and wide distribution marked a remarkable moment of courage for the world’s largest advertiser.
“It’s brilliant creative work,” allowed Marc Pritchard, P&G’s chief brand officer. “And it is a moment of truth when we stepped up to take a bold stand.”
What else does this article talk about?
- United States
- Brand purpose
- Multicultural marketing (US)
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.