The playbook for direct brands, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), begins with cost-per acquisition (CAC) and ends with the lifetime value (LTV) of customers.
“Direct brands have replaced the purchase funnel of old with a new purchase funnel,” reports Randall Rothenberg, CEO of the IAB, with the more agile model supplanting “the long-term process that brings consumers from brand awareness to preference to intent to purchase.
“This CAC-to-LTV chain is the essence of the direct brand lifecycle,” he told some 1,400 delegates at the trade organization’s 2019 Annual Leadership Meeting (ALM). “It also characterizes their primary difference from incumbent brands.”
What else does this article talk about?
- Customer relationship management
- United States
- Direct to consumer
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.