BuzzFeed, the 12-year-old digital media company that launched with notorious clickbait listicles like “17 Pets Whose Weird Fur Markings Will Make You Love Them Even More”, now seems to be everywhere on the web.
The company creates more than 1,200 pieces of content every week. And this material is distributed through its own sites as well as 400-plus accounts on ten different social-media platforms, including more than a hundred Facebook pages alone.
But behind the seemingly random mix of rankings, cute-kitten photos, cooking videos, and hard-hitting BuzzFeed News articles…
… is a data-driven approach to content creation and distribution that increasingly depends on automation and artificial intelligence (AI), according to Gilad Lotan, BuzzFeed’s vp/head of data science.
What else does this article talk about?
- Data analysis
- Digital media planning & buying
- Websites, online services, apps
- United States
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.