As the sculpture that would shake both the investing and marketing worlds was in its final stages, the man who brought the Fearless Girl to Wall Street now admits to his own trepidation in advance of the project.
“I was terrified,” Stephen Tisdalle, chief marketing officer for State Street Global Advisors, admitted to delegates at the Association of National Advertisers’ (ANA) 2018 Brand Masters Conference.
“It was critical to me,” he recalled. “I said to myself, ‘If this doesn’t work, Tisdalle, you know you’re toast. Your career’s over.’
“But at least you’ll go down in flames.”
What else does this article talk about?
- Stereotyping & portrayal
- Theories & ideas of marketing strategy
- United States
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.