The newest member of the insights team at PepsiCo, the food and beverage giant, is “Ada”, an augmented-intelligence platform.
Kate Schardt, senior director/global insights at PepsiCo, told delegates at The Market Research Event (TMRE) 2018 that the company’s investment in “Ada” embodies a recognition that research methods and tools have not kept up with the digital revolution in commerce.
“We’ve been talking for at least ten years, or longer, as an industry that we have these big pressures facing us,” Schardt said. “Yet we’re not really changing. We’re kind of tweaking around the edges, maybe trying to make things a little more System 1-oriented” – a reference to psychologist Daniel Kahneman’s definition of fast, automatic, and intuitive thinking.
What else does this article talk about?
- Managing research projects
- Savoury snacks, potato chips
- Carbonated soft drinks
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.