Any company that manufactures biodegradable six-pack rings for beer cans is undoubtedly at the cutting edge of environmental innovation and at a very cool millennial cultural spot.
E6PR – a Lerma, Mexico-based enterprise – manufactures just such a product. And this offering carries yet another irresistible piece of currency: not only is it eco-friendly, but it also is edible for ocean animals.
The origins of the year-old pioneering enterprise, however, do not trace back to a fêted tech startup, a top-tier university, or a giant brewer. Instead, its source was We Believers, a small advertising agency located in New York City.
This independent shop began its journey to Mexico when it discovered that no truly sustainable six-pack rings were on offer. “I was calling folks in Japan, in India, in Singapore, in the UK, and in the US to try to see what were the constraints, what were the opportunities, what was out there that we could grab on to and make this a reality,” said Marco Vega, a We Believers co-founder.
What else does this article talk about?
- Beer & cider
- Brand purpose
- Incubators, start-ups, entrepreneurship
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.