Marc Pritchard, the steward of the world’s largest house of brands and promulgator of some of the advertising industry’s most creative work, had some numbers he needed to share with the 3,000 delegates at the Association of National Advertisers’ (ANA) 2018 Masters of Marketing Conference:
- “The UN indicates that if we were to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, it would add $12 trillion to the economy.
- “Through a fair and more sustainable economy, the World Economic Forum goes further: It says that if we were to get equality – economic equality between women and men – it would add $28 trillion to the world's economy.
- “If we were to achieve economic equality in race in the United States, it would add $2 trillion.”
The statistics, he indicated, are simple, direct data nuggets that answer the question, “Why do we need to use our brands in marketing for society and sustainability?”
What else does this article talk about?
- Stereotyping & portrayal
- Managing the marketing function
- United States
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.