Sanofi, joining forces with MESH Experience, has been able to use cutting edge Real-time Experience Tracking (RET) to uncover the real behaviour of the hard-to-reach audience of doctors, especially as the digital landscape evolves in this field. The insights of how, when and why physicians use different touchpoints (channels) has fed directly into Sanofi's planning, in order to design the most relevant and influential communications strategy. The granularity of the data collected meant that they could tailor their investment based not only on the touchpoints that were most effective in the market, but also how they differed by type of doctor, changed within context and aligned with various stages of the purchase funnel.
As a reader, you will learn about the innovative approach of capturing and understanding experiences, how this can be applied to the healthcare industry, and the types of fresh insights this customer-centric research approach gives, which is often lacking in more traditional recall-based approaches.
Highlights – why this case is so interesting
- Interesting real-time methodology that gets new levels of insight not available to recall-based methodologies.
- It relates to a very niche audience – in fact these were not just general doctors but specialists in a number of fields.
- Going broad by starting with the doctor and their needs, not the brand. In this case, how they engage with healthcare information. Also, looking at their personal as well as professional needs.
- We can understand how research can link to content strategies.
- Comparison with declarative data in order to expand knowledge of the target.